Master thesis: Numerical Gear Tooth Contact Analysis (TCA)
AVL List GmbH, Graz
- Familiarization with existing TCA solvers and literature study.
- Understand the source code of the existing Winkler Mattress based TCA model.
- Solve the geometric contact problem for cylindrical gears. Develop a spring network calibration procedure for the Winker Mattress based TCA model against an analytical tooth contact model (e.g. Weber/Banashek).
- Validate the results.
- Fields of study: (technical) physics, mechanical engineering, mathematics (or equivalent)
- Good knowledge of object oriented programming and/or Python.
- Good understanding of mechanics, vector algebra and numerical methods.
- Self-organized and structured problem solving attitude.
- The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,600 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) who study at a university abroad.