Master thesis: Multi-domain and multi-objective optimization of high speed electric machine
AVL List GmbH, Graz
Through the shift in the automobile industry to electrified powertrains, the demand for electric drive (e-drive) systems is booming. It is observed that the market trends develop towards highly integrated, low volume, high speed electric machines. In any case, these machines have many challenges to overcome, including high efficiency at high speed, strength/durability, cooling integration and rotor dynamics.
- Literature study
- Layout of high speed (>30000rpm) electric machine
- FEM simulation of baseline electric machine layout
- Study of inverter current effect in machine performance
- Analysis of electromagnetic stator forces, bearing forces, efficiency maps and rotor dynamics
- Geometry optimization through Design of Experiment and Neuronal Networks
- Reporting and summarizing the methodology
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering, Technical physics
- Experience in electric motors is appreciated
- Language: English or German
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,500 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) and Croatian citizens who study at a university abroad.