Master thesis: Design & development of High precision mounts for gear specimen testing
AVL List GmbH, Graz
The investigation of gear contact properties requires high accuracy when performing isolated gear rig test. The adapters holding the specimen while testing on a rig are key components and need special attention regarding design and individual manufacturing. Our trend-setting specialized gear rig needs a universal design of these adapter in order to ensure a quicker, easier and more reliable specimen testing.
- Get overview about existing actual equipment
- Get understanding of actual procedure for specimen mount / change and requirements
- Concept CAD design & CAE analysis of universal solution applicable to different gearing (Cylindrical / Hypoid etc.)
- Optional: supervision of design/external manufacturer and procurement
- Get understanding of the key properties of gear testing (runout, contact pattern, backlash)
- Develop alternative concepts for specimen adapters
- Make an objective comparison of concepts
- Willing to work from concept / draft until real hardware
- Technical degree in mechanical & production engineering or equivalent
- High personal responsibility and accurateness
- Documentation in English
- Practical thinking
Remuneration: The successful completion of the thesis is remunerated with a one-time fee of EUR 2,600 before tax.
According to the Austrian Employment of Foreign Nationals Act it is unfortunately not possible to assign graduate work to third-country citizens (Non-EU citizens) who study at a university abroad.