The responsibilities of this exciting, varied role will include
- Software security assessment of SoC/IC security architectures and security scope specifications
- Plan, track and execute process, specification as well as software implementation reviews
- Assessment of software security robustness and effectiveness of security mechanisms
- Work with engineering teams and security engineers to innovate solutions to security-related problems
- Manage the NXP’s software secure development lifecycle (SSDLC) applied on product developments to minimize security risks
- Work on continuous improvements to keep up with state-of-the-art security technologies
- Refine software security best practices to assure and efficient and effective application
- Provide consultation on specific areas of security expertise and on the application of the SSDLC
To ensure your successful performance in this role, the following is desired
- Finished a BSEE or MSEE preferred in Security Engineering or Software Engineering
- Have good understanding of embedded software design, programming, documentation, and testing
- Have experience in the design and development of secure software, focus on embedded systems or complete solutions
- Have experience in the security concept/design, thread analysis, risk/threat modelling and mitigation strategies
- Have professional knowledge of software languages (C, Java, Java Card, Phyton, Rust)
- Knowledge of security compliance and certification processes would be advantageous
- Be familiar with "state of the art" software tools, CI/CD, secure software engineering processes, IoT solutions and service (depending on area of expertise)
- Have excellent communication skills, are willing to listen and adapt
- Are a collaborator with strong soft skills, ideally experienced in multicultural and global working environments
Ready to create a smarter world? Join the future of Innovation. Join NXP. Apply online!
At NXP in Austria, we are proud to have received the Leading Employer Award 2019, 2020 , 2021 & 2022 which is presented exclusively only to the top 1% of employers in Austria.
For more information visit our Career Website or our NXP Austria Website and follow us on social: LinkedIn, Facebook (Global), Facebook (Austria) and Twitter.
What can you expect?
Contract: This is a fulltime position with a permanent contract.
Benefits: Besides a competitive salary, you will be eligible for our bonus plan and receive lunch vouchers, a higher than average number of vacation days and the possibility to buy company shares with a 15% discount.
We also have a work from home policy and many more benefits. In certain cases we also provide a relocation package and support for your move to Austria.
Development opportunities: We believe that a key component to growing our business is to develop our people. To enable you to grow your career at NXP, we offer online and offline learning opportunities to help you develop some of your core and professional skills.
Our office: NXP Graz/Gratkorn is based just outside of Graz, the city with the second highest population in Austria and the capital of the province Styria, with access to a highway, airport proximity and very good public transport connections to Graz.
From there, you can enjoy the variety of opportunities Styria has to offer – whether you prefer outdoor activities in the gorgeous alpine mountains or cultural activities and events in the city of Graz.
Hiring process: Applying only takes a minute! Fill in the online application and share your CV with us. After a positive screening based on your CV you will have an initial phone or video conversation with our Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by several business interviews.
Here are some Useful Tips to help you prepare.
And more: Life at NXP is more than work alone. We like to start our day with a free coffee and chat with a colleague in our social room and every day we offer fresh fruits for all employees. Join us at one of the many social activities that are organized by and for employees such as our summer parties, Christmas parties and sports events like a tennis tournament or sledging. Due to our location right next to the river Mur you can also enjoy the beautiful cycling and running path in your break or before/after work, because we also offer welfare facilities.
NXP provides market competitive compensation according to the benchmarking of the electronic and semiconductor industry. Due to the Austrian Equal Treatment Act we are obligated to state the employment group of our applicable collective bargaining agreement (CBA) “Kollektivvertrag für Angestellte Gewerbe und Handwerk und in der Dienstleistung“, this position (fulltime) is graded in Employment Group IV after 2 employment group years. Your individual experiences and expectations will be considered in the application process. Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees like home office, flexible working time, meal benefits and more.