We are looking for a frontend or ideally full-stack Software Engineer to join our team. Within our fully funded research project, we are building a new and innovative solution in the logistics sector to help companies visualize and monitor real-time information about their supply chains.
- User interfaces mockup design and continuous interaction with the final user.
- Build and maintain specialized and optimized frontend components (ReactJs).
- Develop integration interfaces with the backend services that power our supply chain application (API Rest services, GraphQL ,Web Socker communication).
- Collaborate with the engineering team in the development or modification of the core backend services.
- Execute proper system flow and internal code documentation; and proper code backup using Git repositories.
- Implement security measures and best practices to protect the user interaction platform.
- Perform unit and integral testing for the developed frontend platform.
- Contribute to publications
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you develop.
- MSC - Degree in computer science / software engineering
- Frontend development experience using Single Page Application Frameworks / libraries like Reactjs, Angular or Vuejs.
- Rest API development experience and / or integration.
- Good understanding of user interface design on web environment using libraries such as Boostrap or Material UI , and proper domain of styling technologies (e.g. css, scss, sass).
- Experience working with some SQL or NOSQL Database (e.g. Postgresql, Mysql, SQLServer, MongoDB , Elasticsearch, others.)
- Good to have experience in:
- Serverless approaches and cloud computing.
- Web platform security assurance (e.g. OWASP guide ).
- Asynchronous communication (Websocket, Graphql subscriptions,etc).
- Docker images/containers creation and deployment.
- experience with state-of-the-art software engineering practices including testing, debugging and automation technics
- working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly
- passionate about writing high-quality code
R&D: Our university offers the ideal environment for forward-looking and innovative research projects. With an excellent order volume of about 40 million Euros, more than 500 projects are being carried out with a total of 630 partners from business and society.
The Upper Austrian University of Applied Sciences is a place for people with curiosity and spirit of discovery. Shape the future together with us! #AllAboutYourCareer
The FH Upper Austria stands for equal opportunities and diversity. With this in mind, we specifically invite women/men to apply. For this position, we offer a gross monthly salary (on a full-time basis, 14x per year) starting at EUR 3.200 (depending on eligible prior service).