The Embedded Software Tools Engineer - Debugger Developer will join a team working on leading-edge projects in the area of embedded software tools for state-of-the-art secure embedded micro-controllers supporting the entire NXP development community. The new team member will strengthen our expertise in debugging secure embedded systems based on the RISC-V architecture.
- Own and drive the complete life cycle (specification /development /test / verification/documentation/maintenance) of debuggers for secure embedded microcontrollers.
- Work in close collaboration with internal HW and SW development teams (and customers).
- Analyse and fix issues reported by customers or detected by tests.
- Provide effort estimates for planning the technical tasks within the projects.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of software development, quality and testing methodologies.
- University degree in electronics, applied mathematics, computer science or similar.
- A deep understanding of embedded software development workflows and tools.
- Hands-on working experience in software tools development.
- A solid foundation of microcontroller architecture know-how is essential.
- In addition, a working knowledge of RISC-V is an advantage
- Experience with gdb (The GNU Debugger) is required.
- A working knowledge of OpenOCD, JTAG interfacing and debug targets – e.g. FPGAs will be highly beneficial.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++/python languages.
- Comfortable moving between Windows and Linux and able to develop portable software.
- A good understanding of open source software, its strengths and limitations in a corporate environment.
- Proficiency with agile software development, test and verification flow, version control systems (such as SVN or GIT) and change control tools.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Communication skills and able to efficiently communicate with colleagues across different technical domains, locations and cultures.
- Integrative personality and team player.