- Execution and planning of vulnerability analysis campaigns on RF transmission features of security embedded devices (secure microcontroller products, etc.) during New Product Introductions
- Support of the various HW and SW development teams of NXP with state-of-the-art security know-how and keep close contacts with all groups within NXP that take an interest in security (Research as well as BLs)
- Review of academic research and investigate new potential attack paths on Semiconductor products featuring BLE and other wireless communication technologies
- Execution and support of vulnerability analysis activities in support security certifications of products (technical report review, follow-up investigation etc.)
- PhD or Master in the field of wireless communication of embedded devices
- Technical understanding of wireless protocols and technologies like RFID , BLE
- Solid knowledge of RF/HF- measurement techniques
- Hands-on experience in the use of RF measurement equipment
- Proven expertise in attacks on wireless communication systems, Fault attack testing or Side-Channel Analysis
- Deep understanding of analog and digital signal processing
- Knowledge of Risc-V/ ARM based security products. C, Python and ideally assembler language
- The ability to work independently without supervision is essential
- A creative approach to problem solving with a focus on achieving objectives
- Ideally with experience of academic / industrial research (conferences, workshops, journals, etc.) including personal participation in such events
- Good communication skills including the ability to present ideas formally in meetings as well as individually and a proven track record in this regard
- Ability to interact smoothly with a diverse range of colleagues, customers and partners inside and outside of NXP
Ready to create a smarter world? Join the future of Innovation. Join NXP. Apply online!
At NXP in Austria, we are proud to have received the Leading Employer Award 2020 & 2021, which is presented exclusively only to the top 1% of employers in Austria.
What can you expect?
Contract: This is a fulltime position with a permanent contract.
Benefits: Besides a competitive salary, you will be eligible for our bonus plan and receive lunch vouchers, a higher than average number of vacation days and the possibility to buy company shares with a 15% discount.
We also have a work from home policy and many more benefits. In certain cases we also provide a relocation package and support for your move to Austria.
Development opportunities: We believe that a key component to growing our business is to develop our people. To enable you to grow your career at NXP, we offer online and offline learning opportunities to help you develop some of your core and professional skills.
Our office: NXP Graz/Gratkorn is based just outside of Graz, the city with the second highest population in Austria and the capital of the province Styria, with access to a highway, airport proximity and very good public transport connections to Graz.
From there, you can enjoy the variety of opportunities Styria has to offer – whether you prefer outdoor activities in the gorgeous alpine mountains or cultural activities and events in the city of Graz.
Hiring process: Applying only takes a minute! Fill in the online application and share your CV with us. After a positive screening based on your CV you will have an initial phone or video conversation with our Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by several business interviews.
Here are some Useful Tips to help you prepare.
And more: Life at NXP is more than work alone. We like to start our day with a free coffee and chat with a colleague in our social room and every day we offer fresh fruits for all employees. Join us at one of the many social activities that are organized by and for employees such as our summer parties, Christmas parties and sports events like a tennis tournament or sledging. Due to our location right next to the river Mur you can also enjoy the beautiful cycling and running path in your break or before/after work, because we also offer welfare facilities.
NXP provides market competitive compensation according to the benchmarking of the electronic and semiconductor industry. Due to the Austrian Equal Treatment Act we are obligated to state the employment group of our applicable collective bargaining agreement (CBA) “Kollektivvertrag für Angestellte Gewerbe und Handwerk und in der Dienstleistung“, this position (fulltime) is graded in Employment Group IV after 2 Employment Years. Your individual expectations will be considered in the application process. Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees like home office, flexible working time, meal vouchers and more