- Validate and characterize the physical product and release functional and performance requirements on System-, IC- and/or IP levels through:
- Developing and optimizing efficient automated validation lab environments (Hardware and Software development)
- Executing and reporting validation and characterization (measurement) runs on timely manner within development projects
- Participate in validation team as technical validation representative
- Specify, develop and maintain validation test infrastructure
- Translate test cases/requirements into repeatable, reliable and highly efficient automated validation/characterization environments ensuring traceability
- Specify, develop and maintain characterization infrastructure (PCB design and lab instrumentation)
- Analyze and report test results
- Report issues found during validation
- Technical support for S&A, CoHA, Test, Development and PQE teams
- Technical University degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or similar
- 3-5 years of experience in IC Validation, Embedded Design (HW/SW) or similar positions, preferably in the semiconductor industry
- Solid programming skills (e.g. C#, NI LabVIEW, Python or MATLAB)
- Experience with lab equipment (e.g. Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers etc.) and RF measurements is required
- Solid knowledge of signal processing
- Solid knowledge of PCB schematic and layout design
- Curious to learn about new technologies
- Self-driven, self-motivated and organized
- Team player
- Good communication skills and fluent in English
- Experience in Automotive industry is a benefit
Ready to create a smarter world? Join the future of Innovation. Join NXP. Apply online!
At NXP in Austria, we are proud to have received the Leading Employer Award 2020 & 2021, which is presented exclusively only to the top 1% of employers in Austria.
What can you expect?
Contract: This is a fulltime position with a permanent contract.
Benefits: Besides a competitive salary, you will be eligible for our bonus plan and receive lunch vouchers, a higher than average number of vacation days and the possibility to buy company shares with a 15% discount.
We also have a work from home policy and many more benefits. In certain cases we also provide a relocation package and support for your move to Austria.
Development opportunities: We believe that a key component to growing our business is to develop our people. To enable you to grow your career at NXP, we offer online and offline learning opportunities to help you develop some of your core and professional skills.
Our office: NXP Graz/Gratkorn is based just outside of Graz, the city with the second highest population in Austria and the capital of the province Styria, with access to a highway, airport proximity and very good public transport connections to Graz.
From there, you can enjoy the variety of opportunities Styria has to offer – whether you prefer outdoor activities in the gorgeous alpine mountains or cultural activities and events in the city of Graz.
Hiring process: Applying only takes a minute! Fill in the online application and share your CV with us. After a positive screening based on your CV you will have an initial phone or video conversation with our Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by several business interviews.
Here are some Useful Tips to help you prepare.
And more: Life at NXP is more than work alone. We like to start our day with a free coffee and chat with a colleague in our social room and every day we offer fresh fruits for all employees. Join us at one of the many social activities that are organized by and for employees such as our summer parties, Christmas parties and sports events like a tennis tournament or sledging. Due to our location right next to the river Mur you can also enjoy the beautiful cycling and running path in your break or before/after work, because we also offer welfare facilities.
NXP provides market competitive compensation according to the benchmarking of the electronic and semiconductor industry. Due to the Austrian Equal Treatment Act we are obligated to state the employment group of our applicable collective bargaining agreement (CBA) “Kollektivvertrag für Angestellte Gewerbe und Handwerk und in der Dienstleistung“, this position (fulltime) is graded in Employment Group IV after 2 employment group years. Your individual expectations and experience will be considered in the application process. Moreover, we provide attractive benefits to our employees like home office, flexible working time, meal vouchers and more.