Buyer - Direct Procurement (m/f/d)
Flex, Sankt Veit an der Glan
You will be working in the centralized Procurement team for Europe Region and deal with procurement of material of specific manufacturers. You will be based in Althofen, Austria and support factories across Europe. You will collaborate with international team members within Flex and interface with suppliers and customers.
What a typical day looks like:
- Responsible for Direct Material Procurement
- Collaboration on Inventory Management
- Procurement Execution and Data Maintenance in ERP system and related reporting/collaboration tools
- Collaboration with colleagues from partnering teams (sites, commodity management, suppliers, customers)
- Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase, distribution channels, etc.
- Order, reschedule and cancel material based on requisitions and MRP output.
- Maintain procurement records such as item details, costs, compliance related records of delivery and inventories
- Manage supplier to price, delivery and quality expectations and escalates when appropriate
- Review invoices for payment (challenges, mismatches, etc.)
- Manage shortage situations, expedite delivery of goods to users
- Analyze inventory levels. Prepare liability reports for excess and obsolete management.
- Make tactical buying decisions in alignment with corporate programs, processes and policies
- Collaborate on reports and metrics
The experience we’re looking to add to the team:
- Commercial or technical education
- Good communication skills
- English (written and spoken, fit for negotiations)
- Self-dependent work style
- Working in international teams
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, working in ERP systems)
- Working experience as a buyer
What you’ll receive for the great work you provide:
- Professional and modern work environment
- The opportunity to work in a global, international environment
- We offer a minimum gross salary due to the employment group F of the collective bargaining agreement Elektro- and Elektronikindustrie. A higher payment is negotiable depending on qualification and work experience.
If you are interested in a new challenge and meet the requirements, please apply here.