Production Technician - Contract
Magna, L2S0C5, St. Catharines, CA
The Contact Production Technician will be working in a fast-paced environment. They must remain composed under pressure, work independently, be able to organize and prioritize their work with a sense of urgency. Casual overtime or flex hours may be required to meet deadlines. This is a six (6) month contract position with the potential for extension.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Familiarity and knowledge of press and welder operations.
- Working knowledge of quality checks, and related documents.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures on presses and related equipment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Able to read and interpret reports, instructions, procedures, and guidelines.
- Able to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines; able to work flexible hours and overtime.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of how job performance affects product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build and maintain positive employee relations.
- Safe and conscientious worker with a good safety, performance, and attendance record.
- Previous experience an asset.
- Practice our ‘Safety First’ policy by addressing hazards, defective equipment, wearing personal protective equipment as required, and by reporting unsafe conditions immediately.
- Train others as required.
- Rotate and operate all equipment as assigned.
- Produce quality parts to standard rates.
- Perform and document Quality Assurance first-off, hourly and last-off inspections on all parts as per the Control Plan and advises Team Leader and/or Supervisor of non-conforming conditions.
- Correct process defects as directed.
- Assist team to meet Key Performance Indicators and Continuous Improvement objectives.
- Assist or complete die or weld fixture set-ups with the team.
- Document results and corrective actions required.
- Maintain SPC charts on each operation as required.
- Complete Production Traceability Reports as per station control.
- Assist with problem solving initiatives as required.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.