PhD Position – Augmented & Virtual Reality in Pharmaceutical Laboratories (f/m/x)
Takeda, Bezirk Gänserndorf
In alignment with the ongoing activities at the Takeda ITS “Digital Lab of the Future”, the goal of this subproject is to align both soft- and hardware solutions and prototypes that are currently being developed, and to create and optimize workflows that will define the future ways of operating in the Takeda process development laboratories.
Your focus are the design, development and optimization of interactive work processes in the lab. In particular, this includes:
- Use of Augmented Reality Devices (Microsoft HoloLens 2 or similar, Tablets, etc), voice recognition tools, and other technologies (sensors, 3D scanners, …) to design and develop novel, optimized, hands-free work processes in the labs. Corresponding software development will be executed by our partners, but requirement analysis, task definition and basic project management are expected to be fulfilled by the PhD student.
- Integration of various data sources – both technically and contextually; data from various systems has to be connected, collected, and contextualized for an application in the developed systems.
- Rigorous evaluation of the developed prototypes in the form of user studies, considering various human-centric aspects (such as easy applicability, comfort, gender/diversity, age, language, …), efficiency and costs.
- Publication of at least 3 publications on selected, peer-reviewed conferences and/or journals.
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders, external vendors, and academic researchers.
This PhD project will be conducted together with the Research Unit of Computer Graphics (Institute of Visual Computing & Human-Centered Technology) at TU Wien. The research unit conducts fundamental and applied research in rendering & modeling, visualization, and virtual environments. More information here: https://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/
- Master’s or diploma degree in the field of computer science or an equivalent degree
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
- Good teamworking skills
- Fluency in English
- You should be accustomed to networked critical analytical thinking, scientifically interested, and able to work in a team
- A good sense of humor and a passion for innovation and exploration - this will help you integrate into the spirit of the team you will be joining
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work – life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten in Vienna, free bus Vienna-Orth) and numerous benefits (fitness center, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here: https://www.youtube.com/c/Takeda-Pharmaceuticals/videos
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application. The salary for this important PhD position is € 2.644,- gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry). Typically, a PhD candidate works 30 hours a week.