Bachelor Thesis - Process Development of Separation Method for AAV Purification (f/m/d)
Takeda, Bezirk Gänserndorf
Adeno-Associated Viruses (AAVs) are one of the leading vectors for gene therapy. However, one crucial challenge with AAVs is the separation of full capsids (genome-containing) from empty capsids (impurities). The most effective way to solve this separation challenge is to employ ultracentrifugation to obtain highly pure AAV preparations.
This bachelor thesis addresses these challenges through a careful characterization of ultracentrifugation process unit ranging from small-scale, pilot, and large-scale devices. The main objective is to identify scale-factors, provide their quantitative description and thus be able to overcome the scalability issues. The project includes the following aspects:
- Planning and execution of experiments
- Data evaluation using selected mathematical software
- Preparation and presentation of results in internal meetings
- Collaboration with internal and cross-functional teams and academic researchers
- Bachelor study in Science, Biotechnology, Biochemistry or equivalent preferred
- Basic knowledge of purification unit operations
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and knowledge
- Willingness to work hands-on at wetlab and with team members
- Excellent command of German and English
- Position is limited for 6 months
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Takeda encourages and supports its employees by trainings, job rotations and mentoring. A balanced work – life ratio (recognition for work and family, company kindergarten in Vienna) and numerous benefits (free Shuttlebus Vienna/Orth, cafeteria, etc.) complete our profile as a top employer. For more insights into Takeda click here.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Gender, age, skin color, background or sexual orientation play no role in this as we actively promote diversity. We equally address people with disabilities. In the course of a recruitment process which is as free of barriers as possible, we encourage you to mention all relevant information in this context in your application.
Motivated employees must be remunerated appropriately. The minimum salary for this important and responsible position is € 1.597,22 gross per month (full time, collective wage agreement for the chemical industry).